Pre and post shift work
The following message is from Brother Allen-Ricksecker:
Good Morning Brothers and Sisters of NV Lodge 21;
I am requesting your assistance in collecting information and firsthand accounts in a matter(s) that will likely affect all of you. The most pertinent period of time is from 2018 to present, however other accounts are important too.
If you are a non-supervisor; I need to know if any of you have: 1) Attempted to claim verbally, in writing (including emails), or through NEATS, or any another method the collect of any pay or compensation for PRE/POST shift work to include but not limited to counseling or disciplinary issues by supervisors, or preforming other work related task AND been denied by a supervisor either verbally, in writing, or by rejection of a timesheet in NEATS, 2) Been denied by a supervisor any the ability to claim on a timesheet any late relief. 3) Been denied by a supervisor any shift work that exceeded an 8 hour or 16 hour block of time such as late relief claims, or overtime that occurred during daylight savings events when time rolled back, such as working in excess of a period of 16 hours, ie 17 hours shift. AT THIS TIME DO NOT SEND ME THE STATE EMAILS OR DIRECTIVES TO MY PERSONAL EMAIL, PLEASE FORWARD THESE TO MY WORK EMAIL. MAKE YOURSELF A COPY AND PRESERVE THE EVIDENCE?
If, you are a supervisor, I need to know if you have ever been given any direction or guidance from state administration, department administration, your supervisor(s), NDOC H.R., or State H.R, (specifically any names, dates or times would be helpful) in denying request from subordinate staff for claims of wage(s) for PRE/POST shift work, or shift work that exceeded an 8 hour or 16 hour block of time such as late relief claims, or overtime that occurred during daylight savings events when time rolled back, such as working in excess of a period of 16 hours, ie 17 hours shift. DO YOU HAVE ANYTHING IN WRITING such as emails, written directives, or informal policies? IF, so please advise me. AT THIS TIME DO NOT SEND ME THE STATE EMAILS OR DIRECTIVES TO MY PERSONAL EMAIL, PLEASE FORWARD THESE TO MY WORK EMAIL. MAKE YOURSELF A COPY AND PRESERVE THE EVIDENCE?
THIS IS FOR A SEPARATE LIST OF ISSUE(S) NOT SPECIFICALLY CONNECTED WITH THE ONGOING LITIGATION in Walden Jr., et al v. The State of Nevada, ex rel Nevada Department of Corrections, Case No. 3:14-cv-00320-MMD-WGC. THIS IS NOT NECESSARLY FOR THE PURPOSES OF ANY FUTURE LITIGATION.
If any of the before mentioned events apply to you PLEASE, PLEASE send me your accounts to my personal email at JRAR10390@yahoo.com .
Please include the following:
1) Your name.
2) Your job classification, ie Correctional Officer Trainee, Correctional Officer, Senior Correctional Officer.
3) Your duty post, HDSP, SDCC, NNCC, ect.
4) Your contact information, and an email address (this information will be kept private).
5) An account of the event(s), including as much information as possible paraphrased, ie the date(s) or approximate date(s), the WHO(s), WHAT, WHERE, WHEN, and HOWs , what work related activity were you claiming for compensation?
6) What did your supervisor do or say, when you attempted to collect compensation?
7) If denied compensation, did you take the issue(s) to the next supervisor in your chain of command, or other admin. Staff? Why or why not? What was the outcome?
8) Where you offered “flex time” in lou of payment, ie coming in later or departing earlier instead of documenting the time in NEATS? Where you actually granted the “flex time”, and used it?
9) What was the outcome, where you paid or denied payment and or compensation?
10) Did you grieve the issue of attempt to grieve the issue in NEATS, and if so what happened?
THANKS TOO ALL,
P.S. If you know of another staff member that has experience the same set of events or circumstances as described above, will you provide them the same information above, so that they may likewise relay their story to me.